Saturday, July 19, 2008

Time? Money? Emotions?

I had a good talk with a friend and I wanted to share the jist of our conversation.

We do such a great job of marginalizing our lives to the very edge of our time and money and emotions that we don’t leave any room to act when the Holy Spirit wants us to. If we left some time and money and emotional awareness in our system, we would be free to act when the Holy Spirit calls for it. Not many people leave an ounce of those 3 items.

We went on to discuss the principle in the Old Testament called “gleaning”, where the farmers would only harvest the inside and leave the outside of their crops for those that couldn’t afford it. This is a challenge for me that I work on everyday. I see others struggle with this concept as well. How can we be better at “Gleaning” our time, money and emotions? We are listening but are we hearing?

Marci forwarded something to me that I thought went right along with the same thought pattern. Check it out http://floatingaxhead.com/2008/06/27/white-men-cant-listen/.

My hope in blogging is to be able to share some thought provoking scenarios that we all can grow from or just to share how things are going in the life of ministry work.

1 comment:

Laura J. said...

I hope you keep up the blogging Jeff. I like the thought provoking...out of the box....step on your toes kind of stuff that you give! :)